Sunday, September 25, 2011

SAT Reading Scores

We’re drowning in ignorance and apathy. Entire generations consumed by insecurity and selfishness, unable to imagine walking in the shoes of others, removed from the bleak realities of our existence, struggling only for their right to consume and feel fleeting pleasure. 
Illiteracy is more than just ignorance; it is a pathway to peril. Tyranny is invited in to the sound of applause. Liberty is given away with relief. Death and destruction are cause for celebration.
I try to have compassion, but often cannot control my contempt. How much suffering is required to bring change? How much injustice must the innocent endure?
And, I’m scared. Would I keep my integrity? Would I have the courage to expose lies and delusions, to protect the weak and defenseless, even if pain and death awaited?
Protect those who share your principles. Remember your heroes. Maintain a sense of urgency, and… don’t stop reading.



http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2011/09/15/sat-reading-scores-hit-40-year-low.html

No comments:

Post a Comment